Saturday, July 7, 2012

I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't figure this out

Got on the scale again today. 230lbs. WTF!!!

It was down to 227 yesterday.

I've been running/exercising all week long. I know I had one easy day, and I know I took one day off about a week ago. It's coming time to take a day off from fitness again soo.

I'm not slacking on my fitness. I am pushing, knowing that's what will get me results on the scale.

My avg hr is right around 142 each time I workout. I could see if my avg was dropping, that I'd need to step my fitness up.

So what is it? I thought for the longest time it was a bit of starvation mode going on. I was not eating nearly enough. That's not so for this past week. I've been much closer to 1500 calories/day, with one day I went way over.

I have had calorie deficits of over 1000/day. Some days it's closer to 2000. It is most often around 1500/day.

So what gives?

I hit this last year too. I finally just gave up. I don't want to do that this time.

I need some suggestions to break this plateau.

Just in case you are not aware, I am on a strict cleansing diet - being tested for food allergies. No gluten, dairy, beef, eggs, sugar, bananas, strawberries, coffee. I am trying to deal with my nutrition as best I can. I tried to calorie cycle this week. It didn't seem to help. Not to say I won't try again though.

I am exercising 6/7 days/week. I take one day where I don't exercise. It gives my body a chance to recover, and gives me a break. I've been running the C25K program, and every other day I try to do this:



So far, I'm only able to make it 75% of the way through one set. I'm going to keep on working on it until I can do all 3 sets.

Any other suggestions?

**********UPDATE*************

While I was offline, I was thinking. I'm often hungry through the day. It's because of a few things. First, this cleansing diet. Second, being out of work, I'm at Lee's mercy for freggies. He's almost refusing to buy them. Well, I have to do something about that. I can't just not eat anymore.

I have some $$ today, so I'm going to do what I can to start eating more snacks. I want to eat 6x/day, and not all big meals. I need to add the three snacks.

So the plan is today to eat about every 3 hours. So far so good. I had a good breakfast. For snack, I had a plum and a big bottle of water. I'm looking ahead to lunch. I have a couple of bison burgers - I can have one. Or I can get stuff to make a salad. Maybe I'll have one bison burger, and some salad. Then more salad for my afternoon snack. That will set me up for a good supper.

It's going to take some doing, but I'm going to figure this out. At least I hope so... 

No comments:

Post a Comment