Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wow, I've been gone a long time...

Life got in the way.  I was busy.  I actually was really really hurt by someone I thought cared about me fairly recently.  Hurt badly.  It sent me into a real funk for most of September.  I mean a bad one.  My body shut down.  I couldn't eat, or sleep.  So running was out of the question.

But that's changed now.  I had something to learn.  I learned that not everyone is a good person deep down.  Even if they say they care about you, sometimes they'll really hurt you to save face.  I'm not like that.  I don't ever want to be like that.  I have self respect.  And I don't trump myself up by cutting others down. 

It has taken me a long time to realize how lucky I am to have had this happen to me the way it did.  But I do now. 

And I've spend the last two days feeling like I'm floating on air.  I am feeling so free.  Happy.  Just overjoyed to be alive these days.  It's exciting.

 I think part of this being so overjoyed and hyper has to do with the trip coming up.  I am traveling with my kids to San Francisco soon to run the Nike Womens Marathon.  Yep.  I'm running the full distance.  Or going to try my best anyway.

I can't wait. 

This Saturday night, a group of us are going to a Chillowack Concert.  I am looking forward to that too. 

Tammy is really suffering from a deep depression right now.  Oh, I guess I should say who she is - she's new in my life. 

I met someone - Terry.  We were dating for a bit.  He really gained my trust fast.  But then I discovered who he really was.  And his addictions.  And how hateful a person he could be because of them.  Well, Tammy was a friend of his.  She's now a great friend of mine.  All of Terry's friends were mad at him about what happened with me, but that's another story I don't even want to get into.

But Tammy and I are great friends right now.  And she's struggling with depression.  I think I'm going to print off my mindfulness blogs for her to read.  And learn from.  Hopefully they will help her. 

Anyhow, in general, I'm happy right now.  I love this feeling.  I hope it lasts a long LONG time.

No comments:

Post a Comment