Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My First Blog Here

Welcome to my blog.  This is my first posting on this site.  Not sure how it'll go, and if I'll keep it going long term or not, but figured I'd give it a try. 

I've been blogging on Sparkpeople.com for a couple of years now.  That is one awesome sight by the way.  If you want to loose weight, or make any other major change in your life, but don't know how, be sure to check it out.  Best part - it's all free!

www.sparkpeople.com

But I figured I'd start blogging outside of sparkpeople as well.  Not really sure why.  Just giving it a try.  See if I like it or not.

Anyhow, where to start.  I am 38 years old.  Right now I am training to run my first marathon.  I've run a half in the past, but this is my first ever full one.  As part of my training, this weekend I'm running a 10K in a small town near where I live.  I'm also thinking of running another half in August or September.  Guess it depends on where I want to go to run it. 

Okay, so today is Tuesday May 10.  I'm under the weather - I've got a cold.  It's sitting in my throat and lungs.  Not pleasant.  Anyhow, it's what has kept me from running for the past three days - including today.  That's all going to change soon though.  My body is resting.  Recouperating.  All to be ready to run on Saturday. 


I know I have a story to tell.  I just don't really know how to tell it yet.  So hopefully somewhere along this journey I'll figure it out.  You're welcome to come along for the ride.  I always believe the more the merrier.  Feel free to leave feedback as well.  It will help me grow and find a way to tell the story I have. 

Guess I'll figure out what I'm going to say next, and be back to say it soon.  Until then, have a great day, and make sure to do the most with the time you have.  You never know how soon it'll run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment