Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011

Today I'm finally starting to feel better.  Not so much like I'm trying to run through wet cement all day long.  I still have a cough, but it's not so bad anymore. 

I got a phone call today.  A telephone interview for a position I applied for here in Estevan.  I would love to say it went great, but I'm not so sure.  I think it went well, but then at the end, he asked if I'd be okay if he  passed my resume to another position that I might be suited for.  At first I thought this was a good thing.  Then I got  a  feeling that this was an easy out.  A way to hire  someone else for this position and  and pass  me along into the secretarial pool.  Don't get me wrong.  I am good at business administration.  But I also have a computer degree.  I don't understand why guys are like that when it comes to these positions.  Hire their buddy....

Okay, never mind.  I don't know why my mind is going there.  He probably didn't mean anything by it.  And here I am over-reacting. 

I just find it so frustrating...

I still haven't heard about that job back in Calgary either.  Not a word from Mike in a long time.  It's starting to look to me like he's just not interested in hiring me.  Oh well..  No biggie.  I just wish he would tell me. 

Anyhow, I went for a run today.  It felt good.  I am going to go again tonight.  The run today was cut short - I was being eaten alive by mosquitoes.  Decided it'd be better to cut it short, get some bugspray, and go again later. 

As you can tell from my ranting earlier, I really do need to get out there and run again.  My mental facilities are under undue stress from lack of exercise.

And the room  mate?  Glad you asked.  Or am I???  Kidding.  He's being exceptionally nice to me lately.  Almost too nice.  Got me worried.  Walking on eggshells again.  I am working on not letting it get to me.  The tough part is, if I keep avoiding him, it'll piss him off.  But I don't want to compromise who I am anymore.  I don't like listening to him rant and rave.  He's always complaining.  About how he is right, and everyone else is wrong.  Or about how everyone hates him.  Or how they've done him wrong.  I am sick to death of it all. 

I'm tired having a "friend"  who blames everyone around him for his issues. 

I miss having real friends close by.







Someone who is there for you.  Someone there with a shoulder for you to cry on when you need it.  Someone who genuinely carees about your well being and successees

No comments:

Post a Comment